Bimeks is the first Technology Retailer (Technology Superstores - TSS) of Turkey, established in a small store in İstanbul in 1989.
Today, Bimeks operates 140 stores in 60 provinces of Turkey with a total sales area of 135,000 square meters and offers a wide range of products to consumers, from IT products to Consumer Electronics (CE), from home appliances to personal care and accessories, many of which are considered the basic necessities of contemporary life.
Being listed in Borsa İstanbul since 2011, Bimeks successfully completed acquisitions of two technology retailer chains in 2013 and 2014. Electro World of Dixons Retail of UK and Darty of Darty France, operating in Turkey since 2008, became parts of Bimeks’ store chain. As a result, Bimeks is now the second largest and the most dynamic Technology Super-Store (TSS) chain in Turkey.
Typical footfall of Bimeks stores is 20 to 25 million visitors per year (e.g., 19.3 million visitors in 2013) and roughly 17% of these visitors shop before leaving the store, translating to approximately 3.2 million sales transactions per year.
- The first Technology Retailer of Turkey
- The first Technology Retailer which launched a store in a shopping mall
- The first Technology Retailer to go public on Borsa İstanbul
- The first and the only Technology Retailer which has International Credit Rating
- The first and the only Turkish Technology Retailer investing abroad
- Store presence in all of 81 provinces
- 150.000 square meters of sales area
- 190 stores
- Leading the market on online sales